Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day Four of the 12 Days of Christmas

Father, may our readers grow and mature as they seek you on this journey. May they know you in a fresh, new way. May they fully give themselves to you, and may their families choose to live differently; totally abandoning themselves to your infinate love. May they sense your presence in such a delightful, refreshing way today and may you heal their hearts, comfort them with your love and may they live in the light of your presence today. Amen.

We do pray for you. Every day. You are so precious to us and to God. We so want to change the face of Christmas from the commercial mayhem that it has become to a time of peace, love and fulfillment in Christ. Only God can accomplish that. Will you join us in prayer for that?

Today is the Fourth day of Christmas. Four calling birds. Four gospels. Which one speaks to you the most? I love all of them, but John is my favorite. He speaks to my heart. Whenever I don't know what to do, or what God is trying to tell me, I go to John. In the first 5 verses, he clears everything up.

John 1:1-5 says it all:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has hot understood it.

He is my all in all. When I do not know what to do, or where to turn, I go here and remember who is my life and light. And when I feel like everything is dark, I remember that is just a feeling. And that it too will pass, because he is my light and life. And that darkness does not understand him, even though the light has shined into it. And that in my darkness when I don't understand him or what he is up to, that I can still trust him, put my faith in him, hope in him and love him. For he is the light of my life, and he has not abandoned me in my darkness. In fact, his light of love is shining brighter than ever. I just have to rest in it until I can see it again. He is my light at the end of the tunnel. My joy in everything. I may not feel it, but John helps me remember and live there.

I pray you will live in his light today. Love, Leslie

Join us for the 12 Days of Christmas at www.12daysbook.com. You can help us spread the joy of a new way of doing Christmas. Join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment