Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December Fifteenth

Wow! only 10 days left till Christmas! I hope you are more ready than I am! I think since it has been so hot down here in South Fl. I just cant get in the Christmas mood! And I think it just crept up on me, and since I wasn't planning to do anything big for the kids for Christmas, I didn't get going until last week, and now I feel I am behind! But ready or not, it will be here in 10 short days. I have to say that I have really enjoyed doing this blog...it has caused a little bit of pressure to get it done, but it has forced me to be on my knees more, and really try to practice his presence. I have not always been so successful, but I have been more aware and more grateful than I ever have before. So thank you for reading and following, and for joining me in this journey. That said, here's today's thought.

Colossians 1:3-6 says: We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints- the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that you have already heard about in the word of truth, the gospel that has come to you. All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing just as it has been doing aomng you since the day you heard it and understood God's grace in all its truth.

Do you have people in your life that speak truth to you? Do they lovingly challenge you to be more like Jesus and help you focus more on him? Do they live like him, and cause you to want to do the same? Have you ever thanked God for them, and then in turn told them how thankful you are for them?

My challenge for you today is for you to write a note of appreciation to someone who speaks truth to you and helps you be more like Jesus. It can be in the form of a letter, a card or just a brief note. Don't just call them, send them a note. Why? because they will have a physical reminder so when the enemy attacks them and tries to demean them, they will have something physical they can be encouraged to fight for. They will appreciate it over and over, just as I am sure the Colossians did. I am sure they read and re-read Pauls letter to them. I am positive that they discussed it and it so encouraged them to "keep up the faith."

In this way, you can be a blessing to someone that has immeasurably blessed you. I wrote to my pastor. My son wrote to me. You can be sure I will keep that note forever! My daughter wrote to my best friend and co-author, Linda. Her daughter is my daughter's best friend, and Linda is so great to allow my daughter to come over anytime for any length of time. In fact, I think sometimes she would rather live there! I am so very thankful for a friend that loves my child and speaks Jesus into her life. I love her kids too. She is the best kind of friend: one who loves me, warts and all, and my loud, weird, crazy family. Why? I don't know, except God put us together and we just fit. I know she feels the same way. And I am so thankful. If you don't have a friend like that, ask God for one. He will answer. It took a long time, but he did mine. I prayed for a friend for several years before I met Linda. I had begun to loose hope, but he was faithful. Until I had her though, He met my needs for that type of relationship. And he will yours too.

In closing, remember to be thankful. We get so busy that it is easy to get grumpy and full of 'scroogy-ness'. I sometimes get grumpy because I try to do to much and it doesn't come together. Relax. Remember He is with you and gives you strength for the day's tasks. Thank him and thank someone else today. You might be the only person who thanks them today....and it might just make their day.

Don't forget to check out our book, "The 12 Days of Christmas" at www.12daysbook.com
It is almost time! December 26th is the first day, so you still have time to get your copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment