Friday, December 25, 2009

December 24th

Its Christmas day, but I had to write about my amazing Christmas Eve. So here goes.

The day started out with an early (5:30am) wake up to worship. I have been so grateful for everything that the Father has done for me and so I spent some time with him just enjoying his presence. Then I went back to bed and got up and went downstairs to make tea and enjoy the garden before everyone woke up. I was about to go out when I noticed, lying on the back of the sofa the beautiful shawl that Linda made for me for and early Christmas present. It is a prayer shawl, that was made during an illness in her life, and as she made it, she prayed for me. She made one for several of us this year, and we all feel so blessed to have one. I like to use mine while I pray. So I grabbed it and put it around my shoulders and walked out to the garden.

There is an archway on the path leading to my garden, and as I passed under that archway, I felt such a sense of peace and love and God's presence that I began to weep. I was so overwhelmed by his love, and I felt so covered by him with my prayer shawl on that I could do nothing but say thank you over and over again. I was so filled with gratitude. I cannot adequately describe it, and I am afraid I will destroy it by trying, so I will suffice it to say that I was utterly awestruck. So I got the phone and called Linda so she could come over and have tea with God and me in the garden. It was beautiful.

We read 1 Peter 1:13
Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ isrevealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy because I am holy."

We discussed it a bit, then talked about our day, and what was on our hearts. Then we prayed and had the sweetest prayer time together. We don't spend enough time doing that.

But the most amazing thing about the day was that I didn't miss it this year. I mean, I did not miss him. The rest of the day was spent thinking on him and his goodness. My heart was so full of him, and his great gift to us, that when we sat at the Christmas Eve service, I couldn't contain my grateful tears.

He has come!! Let us adore him and live our lives worthy of the one who gave his life for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment